Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Guzzi is coming together...

Just a quick update on the Guzzi...

The wallowy suspension really kind of showed itself riding a few hours 2-up the other day. The rear bottomed out a few times, but the forks really need attention. I think the Breva is sprung for a 140lb rider. I'm a tad bit more than that. Even with the front preload maxed, I still end up with the static sag at about 150% of what it should be. So, springs are on their way. I'll limp along with the shock a while longer. Springs are cheap - a full shock kit... not so much. I'll use 20W fork oil when I do the springs to increase damping a little bit. It's a start.

I just drilled and tapped some holes so I can mount the GPS cradle. I have to wire it up once I get a secondary fuse block in and set on a switched circuit. But I like the location I picked for the GPS. It's near the instrument cluster but it doesn't block anything. Pictures later.

Also, I spooned on a new pair of Angel ST tires. Holy CRAP! These things are nice. I have to remember to thank James for the recommendation. I don't know how they'll do on truly hard-core aggressive riding, but in my regular pace on the twisties, I haven't felt so confident, and like the bike is so planted since riding with a nicely warmed-up set of Pilot Powers on my old CBR/F4i. Niiiiiiice.

The factory luggage (used) that I ordered is on the bike and works nicely. I've heard these factory bags are not the best when it comes to being water proof.... I guess time will tell. That'll be disappointing if they're not, but hey... everything can be dealt with. I still have my Nelson-Rigg dry bags if I need them.

I'm going to modify the Givi rack for the top case so I can move the E45 top case back and inch or two to increase pillion room a little bit. The case sits a bit forward of the back edge of the seat and cramps the pillion a little bit. Easy fix. Weld, drill, paint, done.

That's about it for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment